The NJDOH is working closely with NERUCA to enroll NJ Urgent Care Centers that are capable of meeting the requirements for storage, handling, monitoring and administration of the COVID vaccines. At this time NJDOH feels it is likely that they will be able to ship the Moderna Vaccine, but even with this there is infrastructure and other factors that need to be in place.
- The Moderna vaccine needs to be stored between neg 25 and neg 15 degrees C (neg 13 and 5 F)
- The freezer you store this in must be monitored with a Digital data logger
- If they are stored(even for a short time) in a refrigerator, it must also be monitored by a digital data logger
- The Moderna vaccine comes in 10 vial doses, has no preservative and must be used within 6 hours of first entry into the vial.
- The vaccine must be administered IM to be effective
- Vaccine "clinic" workflows should be set to administer all the doses of opened vaccine vial within the allotted time frame.
- Minimizing wastage of the vaccine is paramount
Please email Nadine Blank firstname.lastname@example.org or myself email@example.com when you submit your application so we can coordinate with NJDOH.
Follow the links below to the most up to date information.
COVID Vaccines_Product information guide_12.04.20_CLEAN.pdf
John Kulin, DO FCUCM